COUNTING DOWN TO THE MAD DASH ON OCT 7, 2018
There are only a few days left to pre-register online for the 23rd Annual Mad Dash at www.madriverpath.com, click on Mad Dash. The professionally timed 10K/5K foot race, 5K fitness walk and Free BCBS of VT Kids Fun Run which takes place on Sunday, Oct. 7th, Meadow Road in Waitsfield is a Valley favorite for meaningful and fun reasons. Here are six of them:
1. Everyone can “Dash.” Old, young and in between, walking or running, slow or fast, all are welcome.
2. Community. Meet up with friends, neighbors or meet someone new at the Dash. This year we honor the Neill family for supporting the Dash for 23 years.
3. The scenery. Amidst gorgeous foliage, the course is on a dirt road that goes near the Mad River, through an unaltered 1855 covered bridge and includes majestic views of mountains and farms.
4. Good stuff. All participants get a commemorative t-shirt. There’s a delicious homemade lunch, live music, a silent auction and cool raffle prizes (pre-registered participants only).
5. Free Kids Fun Run. Every kid runner gets a medal. The BCBS of Vermont Kids’ Fun Run is race-day registration only and starts after the Dash.
6. Give back. Help create a public path from Warren to Moretown. Funds from the Mad Dash support the Mad River Path Association, which works to expand and maintain public paths in the Mad River Valley.
The Mad Dash starts at 10 a.m. Sign in and day-of registration opens at 8:30 a.m. Free parking, port-o-lets, coffee. Rain or shine. For more information, firstname.lastname@example.org or 496-7284. Join us!
Everyone can run or walk the Mad Dash on Oct. 7th. Pre-register at www.madriverpath.com, click on Mad Dash.